Modern salons will offer you much more than just a hairdo. Facial treatment is one of the most common additional services in salons and also in specialised skin care clinics. This is the process of removing germs caused by dirt, accumulated sebum and dead cells from the skin pores, hence opening the pores and reducing skin blemishes such as acne, blackheads and pimples from your face.
Facial treatments are not limited to salons. They can also be done at home and other places offering skin care services, such as a spa. Spas and beauty centres can offer some of the best facial treatments in Singapore. A facial treatment can also be done by a dermatologist.
Forms of Facial Treatment
Forms of facial treatment vary depending on what you want and how much you are willing to spend on the procedure.
Some of the common forms of facial treatment include:
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Exfoliation using chemical or natural products
- Facial cleansing
Whichever process you use, the aim is to achieve better-looking skin. Facial treatment can be done from the comfort of your home or at the spa by an aesthetician.
There are important steps that need to be followed before starting facial treatments.
Steps to be followed before a facial is administered
- Your face is cleaned and steamed to remove makeup, oils and open skin pores.
- Your skin will then be analysed to identify your skin type as normal, dry or oily. This is done to determine the products used.
- After cleaning, a massage is done. A nourishing mask is also applied on the face.
- Acne, pimples and blackheads are removed from an affected face before the procedure begins.
What are some of the reasons to get facial treatment
Facial Treatment does the following to your facial skin.
- A facial treatment will cleanse your skin.
- Facial treatment ensures your skin is exfoliated, removing dirt that may block your pores. Pores allow dirt to be removed from your skin when you sweat. Failure to do so causes acne and blackheads.
- A facial treatment nourishes the skin, leaving smooth skin on your face. It also makes one look younger.
- Facial treatment is therapeutic as it has been proven to reduce stress. Remember, stress causes wrinkles and acne.
- It also rectifies the adverse effects of weather and environmental conditions, such as effects of UV rays and windy weather conditions, that may cause your skin to dry out and crack.
Facial massage is a common procedure during a facial treatment and has the following benefits:
- A facial massage helps blood circulation through your skin and promotes lymphatic drainage. This causes your skin to look younger and nourished.
- A facial massage is a remedy for early wrinkles as it relaxes the muscles on your face.
- Facial massage helps in the renewal of skin cells.
- Facial massage will also eliminate puffiness and sagging in the long run.