Tips On How You Can Get Rid Of Acne Scars On Your Face
Research has shown a strong link between acne scars and an individual’s self-esteem. This is especially common among the youth since all their daily activities revolve around their self-image.
There are various options that will help you improve on your acne scars for a clearer skin.
1. Natural Remedies. There are several DIY techniques that have been proven to eliminate acne scars successfully. They include:
- Essential Oils. There are several oils that you can apply to the affected region to reduce the scars. These substances have astringent properties which help in reducing the size of the scars significantly with a guarantee of eventual elimination. They include coconut, jojoba, tea tree, clove, lemongrass, lavender, and frankincense oils. It’s advisable that you dilute these oils before applying to the affected area. It may take several weeks before observing a positive change.
- Raw Honey. Pure honey has incredible antimicrobial properties and will enhance the process of acne scars removal when you use it consistently
- Baking soda. This product has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that play a crucial role in acne scar eradication. Always ensure that you make a paste using clean water and apply on the affected area generously. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash it off with plenty of water.
After using these products, you should always ensure that you apply a moisturizer to avoid excessive dryness which may derail your acne scars elimination process.
For a more effective approach, there are various facial treatments done in beauty centres that will address your skin concerns such as:
2. Laser Treatment. This involves the use of laser rays to stimulate the growth of collagen thus reducing the blemishes on your skin. The technique uses a narrow beam that destroys the tissue that causes the hyperpigmentation. After a few days, the acne scars will significantly become unnoticeable and eventually disappear, leaving you with incredibly smooth skin. It should only be done by a professional so visit beauty centres that offer facial promotions and ask to talk to a specialised skin consultant.
3. Microdermabrasion. This is a technique that involves the removal of the top skin surface thus guaranteeing a renewed skin texture and tone. It involves the use of a vacuum applicator to apply minute particles of sodium bicarbonate or aluminium oxide. The activity removes the top surface of the skin. The dirt/dead cells (together with the particles) are suctioned immediately by the same applicator. This leaves behind smooth, flawless skin. The exercise is only conducted by a qualified healthcare professional who will guarantee safety.
4. Microneedling. This technique involves inserting small needles into the tissue surrounding the scar. As a result, your body will produce more collagen which contributes significantly to the elimination of acne blemishes. When using this technique, you may experience mild side effects including redness and inflammation. The side effects will resolve within a few days.
5. Skin Peels. When you opt for this treatment, you should only engage a professional. It involves the application of chemicals on your skin which exfoliates the surface of the skin thus allowing your skin to renew and rejuvenate with a new layer of skin for an improved complexion.
While scarring is undesirable, you shouldn’t rush into removing them before conducting proper research on your ideal technique. If you’re not sure about any acne facials to improve your acne scar appearance, don’t hesitate to consult a professional for consultation.