Everyone likes to get pampered. Some women visit a spa, or some get their nail done. What most women enjoy is a facial massage. It is a relaxing way to get pampered. Facials are beneficial too. In fact, they are an important ritual as well. However, people often think they are unwanted and expensive too. What they don’t know is that it is an important part of the skincare routine. To make things clearer for you, we have summarised a few things you should know about facials
1. To begin with, your esthetician should determine the type of skin you have. At this moment, tell them about your diet, lifestyle, skin issues and anything else you would like to know. Do not forget to mention your skin allergies too. This is the time when your esthetician will also check whether your skin is dry, oily or normal. And according to that, your facial would start.
2. Facials are important just like visiting your dentist is important after a few months. Daily maintenance of the skin is one thing, but a professional facial is mandatory. With time, you will see the results as well.
3. Never attempt to remove the blackheads at home, you need a professional for that. Removing the blackheads the wrong way can lead to redness and swelling of the skin, and therefore, it shouldn’t be practised at home. Blackheads should be removed regularly; otherwise, the buildup of dirt will cause the pores to get bigger.
4. Facials are all about massaging. Better the massage, more the circulation of the blood. You would say, I can do the massage yourself, but did you know that when someone else massages the skin for you, you tend to feel more relaxed and calm. This is because the brain gets a surprise while doing the massage yourself, your brain already knows that you will do the massage; therefore, the wow factor would be missing.
5. When facials are done regularly, you benefit more, as compared to one facial per year. So, make it a habit of booking an appointment with your esthetician every 4 weeks.
6. Never in your life attempt to have a facial before the big day. Your skin is fragile and is prone to skin breaks, puffiness and redness. The oil, dirt extraction must be performed well in advance.
7. Finally, there are a variety of facials available according to your skin type. So, if you suffer from acne, you can get an acne facial in Singapore. Just remember to tell your skin type before the facial.
Facial treatments are a fun way to spend your time getting pampered. Remember, if your first facial wasn’t up to the mark, change your esthetician, but, do not stay away from getting a facial one. A perfect facial depends on the person performing the facial, so look for the right one.